Dairy Goat Show
1. The Platteville Dairy Days Dairy Goat show is open to youth in grades up to 12th grade as of January 1, 2022, who reside in Grant, Iowa or Lafayette counties or members enrolled in a 4-H Club or FFA based in these counties. (Membership in a breed organization is NOT required.)
2. In addition to the $3.00 exhibitor fee, there will be a $1.00/head entry fee.
3. Only one (1) animal may be entered under each lot number.
4. Premise ID and individual animal ID must be listed on the entry form.
5. Goats must be identified with official scrapie ear tags, other official scrapie identification or registration tattoos. All goats that are tattooed must have a copy of registration paperwork available at check-in. All official ID must be in ear or approved location.
6. Goats must be in place by 11:00 am with the show starting at 12:00 (Noon) on Sunday. Goats will be released at 4:00 p.m. that day.
7. There is no electricity or wash racks available. There will be drinking water available for the animals.
8. Pens are available this year, however, exhibitors may provide their own pens or kennels or show from their own trailers.
9. All exhibitors must have POSSESSION of their animals by May 1st of the show year, with the exception of Jr. Kids.
10. Dairy goats with natural horns may not be entered.
11. All does over 24 months must have kidded to be shown.
12. Any inappropriate actions, as determined by the Dairy Days Committee, toward your animal may result in disqualification.
Visit https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Programs_Services/FairsShowsSpecialEvents.aspx for a complete set of rules pertaining to animal health regulations.
14. Danish system judging will be used for the breed classes.